দক্ষিণ ত্রিপুরা জেলা
|• Total||1,514.3 km2 (584.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||26 m (85 ft)|
|• Density||300/km2 (770/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-TR|
The district came into existence on 1 September 1970, when the entire state was divided into three districts.
The district resides in two Lok Sabha constituencies: Tripura West (shared with West Tripura district) and Tripura East (shared with Dhalai and North Tripura districts. It is also split between seven Legislative assembly constituencies : Belonia, Hrishyamukh, Jolaibari, Manu, Rajnagar, Sabroom and Santirbazar.
According to the 2011 census South Tripura district has a population of 876,001, roughly equal to the nation of Fiji or the US state of Delaware. This gives it a ranking of 471st in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 286 inhabitants per square kilometre (740/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001–2011 was 14.03%. South Tripura has a sex ratio of 957 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 85.41%.
|SC Population (No. and % of total population)||74,020 (16.33%)|
|ST Population (No. and % of total population)||1,62,463 (35.85%)|
|Rural Population (in lakh)||4,14,426|
|Urban Population (in lakh)||38,653|
|Population Density (Ratio)||299 per Sq. Km.|
|Sex Ratio||935 Female per 1000 Male|
|Literacy Male (in percentage)||93.39%|
|Literacy Female (in percentage)||79.54%|
|Literacy Total (in percentage)||85.09%|
|Total geographical area (in Sq. Km.)||1514.3 Sq. Km.|
Flora and fauna
In 1987, South Tripura district became home to the Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary, which has an area of 195 square kilometres (75 sq mi). It is also home to the Gumti Wildlife Sanctuary, which was established in 1988 and has an area of 390 square kilometres (150 sq mi).
- "District/AC Map - Chief Electoral Officer, Tripura". ceotripura.nic.in. Archived from the original on 5 April 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2021.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Archived from the original on 13 June 2007. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
Fiji 883,125 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- Indian Ministry of Forests and Environment. "Protected areas: Tripura". Retrieved 25 September 2011.